CRUNCH Home Page
The Collaboratory for Research on Urban Neighbourhoods, Community Health and Housing (CRUNCH) is a cluster of affiliated researchers, facilities and equipment, housed at McMaster University.
- collaborates with partners in government, industry, the charitable and nonprofit sectors, and with community groups
- engages with the end users of our research at all stages of a project, from study design to sharing final results
- examines the complex interactions between housing, neighbourhoods and health
- population health
- neighbourhood-level indicators of health
- healthy child development
- social determinants of health
- urban development strategy
- place-based policy
What is gentrification, and what does it mean for Hamilton? Watch an interview with CRUNCH Director Dr. James Dunn from Cable 14's UrbanicityTV program. January 13, 2015
Hipsters, seniors and a revitalized downtown. CBC Hamilton interviews Dr. James Dunn on November 21, 2014.
"The Ties That Bind" highlights positive economic, community and employment developments in Hamilton. November 14, 2014.